Baumwipfelpfad leads visitors to unimagined heights over a length of approx. 1.3 km and offers uniquely beautiful views over the cultural landscape of the Bavarian Forest, its dreamlike valleys and its beautiful mountains like Rachel and Lusen.
Construction of the treetop path
Made mostly of wood, Baumwipfelpfad is embedded in the landscape and nature of the national park and conveys an unadulterated natural experience.
On the way to the “tree top” there are numerous adventure elements for brave people, such as rope bridges, wobbly bridges and balancing beams. For those who are curious, there are also seven information boards on the topic of forest along the way.
A new highlight is the forest island, an approximately 270 m² platform with a lattice couch, 3 teaching stations and a relaxation area at a height of 20 m.
The highlight is the 44 m high tree tower. Its construction is an architectural masterpiece. Inside, the tower harbors three ancient firs and beeches, thus giving visitors an insight into forest development. Literally from the root to the top.
Arrived on the platform of the tree tower, there are wonderful views. On sunny, clear days you can even see the northern main ridge of the Alps!
Afterwards, the “forest management” directly below the treetop path invites you to take a break – with snacks and local delicacies from predominantly regional providers. There is also a playground for the little ones right next to the terrace.
Dogs (and animals of all kinds) are unfortunately not allowed on the path. There are waiting boxes for them near the entrance to the path.
Winter magic on Baumwipfelpfad
Even in winter, the treetop path in Neuschönau is open, so that the magical winter forest is literally at your feet.
- It is accessible for wheelchair users and for people with mental and physical disabilities at any time.
- An elevator from the car park on the animal grounds leads to the path.
- Again and again, the path offers rest areas with no incline for wheelchair users to rest at, with a maximum incline of 6%.
- Disabled toilets are available both at the car park and at the Hans Eisenmann building.
- You can borrow wheelchairs and walkers free of charge by prior appointment, Tel. +49 (0) 8558/974074.
- The associated “forestry” is also designed to be barrier-free.
Come to the Bavarian Forest National Park and experience this unique opportunity worldwide!
Films on the treetop path:
The treetop path in the Bavarian Forest National Park (MEINUrlaub.TV)
Current image video for the treetop path near Neuschönau (Youtube)